Saturday 16 October 2021

The Night Seeker

 The Night Seeker - Poem By Laila Ali Haid:


The Night has broken its cloth,

The Day has a brew for me,

The earth in its axis dance,

The Night has a song for me. 


In these lights I said the

Utter and heard chants

From a while distance

A cramp evaporated 

to the Moon’s time standard


It is the night 

I have the hold that 

We did lose the parent

Repentant in quiet lands, yonder

Conscious in Africa and thought. 


Billows in codes with the 

Lion of Judah

Creak the sky til’ noon

The undertow of smiles

Shadow of an upset sea. 


I am the night and I am good in time

For love in the end,

And I submit a lifetime

Of dread.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quran and Hadith Translations

  Translation of the Noble Quran and Hadiths Translated by Laila Ali Haid Chapter 1. Surah Fatiha In the name of the Lord, The Most Gracious...