Friday 20 August 2021

Thoughts on memorizing Qur'an

Is it okay to decide you want to memorize Qur'an, with little notice and a blustering heart? Without anticipation?

What is the etiquette for Qur'an memorization - when the day comes and you've figured its hypocritical for knowing only a few chapters ...

when you realize the dynamic between your age versus time lost since childhood madrassah  ... how do you prepare and initiate the journey towards finishing the Qur'an?

Yesterday was that day for me, it was the start of my memorization journey.

I have/am fluctuating between two different states. The first one - I can do it, its the right time, I feel mentally ready

The second state - I am endlessly oscillating between doubt, self-hype, shortsightedness and intuition.

- By Laila Ali Haid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quran and Hadith Translations

  Translation of the Noble Quran and Hadiths Translated by Laila Ali Haid Chapter 1. Surah Fatiha In the name of the Lord, The Most Gracious...