Wednesday 24 August 2016

The Big Bad World (out there) Part 1


I live with a homebody family. They like the indoors and spending their hours joking and shoving, but within the private realm of our four-walled home.

They - or shall I say 'we', spend hours on gadgets and television - the prospect of going out and meeting peoples seems less gratifying than the internet matrix we virtually own.

I'm not shaming anyone here; I am just as guilty for this home becoming a multi-generational, introverted and tech-absorbed enclave.

However, I want to know if I can ever return from my 'dream state reality' (which my blog is a part of).

For constructively leaving in-the-air ideas to a more practical life style.

Yes 'real life', is the tangible and feel-able sheep in wolf's clothing that I am frightened/unsure of.

--

But What could be out there for me? Moving out would inevitably mean losing touch with relatives which means losing the human contact freely 'there' at my family home.

I am not brave at all.  I am very content with being used to things and abiding/living by it.

I sometimes imagine what it would be like to live alone. My live alone fantasy always cuts itself short when I realise I'd be (drum-roll) ... alone!

To be continued.

- By Laila Ali Haid

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quran Translation

  Translation of the Noble Quran and Hadith Translated by Laila Ali Haid Chapter 1. Surah Fatiha In the name of the Lord, The Most Gracious,...